Thursday, October 16, 2014

Knowledge

How do I know what I know? Where does my knowledge come from? How did my knowledge affect me? When did this knowledge show up? Why did it show up?

The religious beliefs that my parents practiced is the one that was passed down to me: Catholicism. Being raised in Hispanic neighborhoods made me feel like catholicism was the only religion. It was only until I was twelve that I realized there were more religions and that not all people believed in the god that I believed in. I kind of shrugged religion to the side for a while. All of my knowledge went directly towards school, mainly math.

Math became pretty important in my life when I was younger.  I always thought I had a thing with numbers. I played sudoku well and was usually good with cards. Math came easily to me. With this physics was introduced to me. This belief of physics led me to science which is a contradiction to everything that I was raised by. Science questioned religion and now I'm half way in belief. I believe in Catholicism and in science.

My parents also introduced me to moral choices. They taught me how to be respectful, yet know when to stand up for myself. As I get older they still shape my knowledge, although I have been rebellious lately because of friends. So all in all, it was my friends who showed me the knowledge of rebellion. Of course people have never liked being held down anyways, so I guess I thank my friends for showing me this rebellious idea.

Knowledge to me usually comes to me as I mature as a person. New knowledge arises every day. As the saying goes: you learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment