Sunday, November 9, 2014

Alone

In the movie, "Into the Wild,"  it was Chris's intentions to get away, to go and be alone. In the book,  "Siddhartha,"  Siddhartha seeked for experiences and he wanted to do it alone.

I like to be alone, but not as much as I love to be around people. Sure, there are a lot of people I wouldn't want to be around for a long period of time, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind them being around. Like, I like to think I'm a pretty cool and chill person, so I'm bearable to other people; plus I can tolerate others very well.

When I'm alone, I find myself trying to communicate to friends and if they don't reply then I go to my friends that I would barely talk to, you know,  the ones who only talk to you when they need something. Except ironically I'd be needing something: somebody to talk to. Yeah, but they don't know that.

If I choose to be alone and to not talk to people, I turn to music. I listen to all kinds of music and like to spread around different genres. I was a huge fan of the Beatles for a long long time, but I mean who wasn't? Right now I listen to this soundtrack from the movie "Guardians of the Galaxy."  It has a good collection of songs. For example:  "Hooked On A Feeling," "Fell In Love," "Ooh Child," and many more good 80s music. The only song that gets to my nerves is "Cherry Bomb." I can't take the Runaway lead singers signing. I mean honestly,  she was literally just screaming into the microphone. But that was the trend back then I guess.

I guess I can fully say that when I'm alone I begin to think. And not think like 2+2 think,  but think like 'what is life' think. It's a good feeling, especially knowing that I dont have to share my thoughts with other people, except of course the people reading this right now... consider yourself lucky.

Anyways, in the movie, Chris wrote in his journal that happiness is only real or true when it is shared. I hadn't really thought about that except when I saw this. I thought about the times when I was genuinely happy and there were always people around so I'm going to have to agree with Chris's theory. Mainly because I dont like go be alone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment