Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Letter to My Parents

Dear mom and dad,

How are you guys doing? We haven't really talked much, that's probably because I've been out a lot. I don't know why I go out. I just don't like staying in. I'm sorry that it messes with family time, considering it's been a huge part of our family. I just feel trapped when I'm home. I get this uncomfortable feeling. I feel like I'm suffocating. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with you guys and the girls,  but I think I'm at that age where I need to spread my wings. I need to have some independence. And I know that you guys know that because whenever I ask to go out you guys say yes. I love that about you guys, but I just feel bad for leaving you guys behind; especially my sisters. I feel like I have a responsibility that I have to take care of as the oldest child. I feel like I have to be there at all times. It's weird. I want to grow up, but at the same time I wish I wouldn't. I don't know. It's tough. But even through all of this, you guys are always there no matter what. Thank you so much. You guys are very understanding parents and I love you guys.

Your loving son,
Erick Gonzalez.

No comments:

Post a Comment